What are you looking for? We can help!
What are the differences between Taxamo's old and new Checkout form?
Taxamo introduced a new version of the Checkout form in Q4 2016. It is backward-compatible with the old one and everything will work seamlessly after it is enabled in the Taxamo Portal.
At the moment, the new Checkout form is not the default one for new merchants. Eventually, it will completely replace the old version.
There are obvious visual differences between the two, and performance optimizations were made, but the new version also introduced new features such as internationalization.
How to switch to the new Checkout form
You can enable the new Checkout form from two places in the Taxamo Portal.
- From the general Settings page (under New checkout L&F enable Use new checkout L&F), or
- From the Taxamo Checkout - General options tab (enable use the full Taxamo Checkout).
Note: The new Checkout form is automatically enabled if additional Tax regions are used. The new form is enabled separately for TEST and LIVE modes, providing you with the ability to check all of its options in test mode before switching it to production.
There are quite a few new options available with the new Checkout form, with more to come. We will no longer introduce new features to the old Checkout form.
Varius configuration options on the Taxamo Portal
- General options
- Use the full Taxamo Checkout in TEST and/or LIVE mode - enable new Checkout form in TEST and/or LIVE mode
- Buyer’s email - Checkout form can display and require the email address to be provided by the customer upon payment.
- Buyer’s name - Checkout form can display and require the buyer’s name to be provided by the customer upon payment.
- Restrict sales - Checkout will only accept transactions for pre-configured products, or from PayPal EC tokens.
- Invocing options
- Invoice link - present the invoice download link to the customer.
- Display invoice fields - show invoice input fields.
- Require invoice address - require invoice input fields.
- Payment options
- PayPal payment option - option to pay via PayPal Express Checkout.
- Stripe payment option - option to pay directly with a credit card using Stripe.
- Braintree payment option - option to pay directly with a credit card using Braintree.
- Add tax to Braintree subscriptions - subscriptions started with Braintree will have the current tax amount added to the base amount.
- Add tax to PayPal subscriptions - subscriptions started with PayPal will have the current tax amount added to the base amount.
- Allow Stripe coupons - display a field for entering a coupon code for Stripe subscriptions.
- Allow Braintree coupons - display a field for entering a coupon code for Braintree subscriptions.
- Additional line for Stripe one-time payments - specify additional charge for non-recurring Stripe payments.
- Additional line for Braintree one-time payments - specify additional charge for non-recurring Braintree payments.
- Additional line for PayPal one-time payments - specify additional charge for non-recurring PayPal payments.
- Ask for a cardholder name - require the customer to provide a cardholder name (credit card payments).
Additional details for these options are provided on related portal pages.
- General options
Taxamo Products - available only with the new Checkout form. Taxamo Products provide a way to predefine non-subscription or subscription product in the Taxamo portal, configuring details such as: custom id, redirect/cancel URL, description, price type, price and currency (for subscriptions plan selector and plan id), payment providers, collect payment, etc. Each product can be triggered via the Taxamo.js overlay or with a URL link. It is also possible to block sales on unconfigured products to lessen the burden of order verification. Instructions on how to setup subscription products are explained in our documentation.
- new Taxamo.Checkout with various configuration options, instead of Taxamo.doCheckout() and Taxamo.doSubscripitonCheckout() They can still be used with the new Checkout form but not all the options are available. Check out all the options for the new Taxamo.Checkout in our documentation.
- new Checkout buttons syntax so all the options from the new Taxamo.Checkout are available
- JWT support
- additional data are propagated to Taxamo (e.g. subscription details from the Payment Service Provider)
The new Checkout form is required if using tax regions other than the EU.
The new Checkout form can be launched in either overlay (modal popup) or full page (redirect) mode.
With the new Checkout form it is possible to offer both Credit Card and PayPal as payment options in a single launch.