Taxamo Tailored Services
Managing global tax compliance is not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ process. Every business is different, with its own unique requirements. Taxamo partners with you to understand your needs and objectives. We then work closely with your team to design a practical, global VAT/GST compliance strategy to deliver your goals.
Our modular service makes it easy for you to meet the tax requirements of all the countries you sell to. Choose the VAT/GST compliance service and functionality that best suits your business per country/region today, with the ability to enhance your Taxamo service design as your commercial needs change.
With two 'mix-and-match' services, Taxamo Advantage and Taxamo Intermediary Plus, we have the perfect model to fit your business.
Taxamo Advantage is our core Taxamo VAT/GST compliance service. Manage VAT/GST calculation globally on real-time sales, using four comprehensive modules that allow:
- Real-time customer location determination
- Business-to-business (B2B) sales validation
- Compliant invoicing
- Foreign exchange rate application
Our service creates VAT/GST-compliant tax reports, which you can then use to file and remit your tax in each country where you have these obligations.
Identify your customer’s location in real-time
When a customer purchases a service on your website, Taxamo’s compliance algorithm ensures the correct tax treatment and calculation for that transaction in real-time.
- Location evidence may be based on IP address lookup, credit card issuing country, billing information, business number validation, instruction from PSP. Real-time location determination conflict resolution is also possible
- Supports bespoke OCRI (other commercially relevant information)
Manage subscriptions and one-time payments
Taxamo supports both one-time and recurring transactions. We hold the evidence collected on the initial transaction so its VAT/GST rate can be determined for any subsequent transactions.
We also support any upgrades/downgrades throughout the recurring transaction lifecycle and reflect them accurately in appropriate tax reports and filings.
Taxamo’s B2B service validates local business numbers in real-time. Compliantly manage your B2B sales processes - including offering reverse charge (no-VAT/GST) - to business customers in countries that support it.
- Full validation of Business customer as per the local country recommendation
- Configure B2B validation time-outs per region
- Recheck and flag VAT/GST numbers on subscriptions
Because invoicing requirements vary from country to country, they can be complex to manage. Taxamo offers compliant invoicing across multiple rules: from language requirements to lottery number generation, in every country we support. So, you don’t need to worry.
- Bilingual invoicing where required
- Compliant credit note generation
- Compliant foreign exchange rate indication where the tax value is required to be shown in local currency
- Configurable rules for invoice generation
- Signed invoice generation when needed
- Customizable footnote and date format
- Customizable email response
- Ability to predefine invoice numbering sequence
- Configurable invoice design using HTML/CSS
- Send invoices to customers via email or share link
Sell in any currency,
In any country
Taxamo compliantly calculates Foreign Exchange (FX) for multiple currencies, supporting sales in any currency in any country.
- Provides appropriate FX rate on the sale invoice, according to regional rules and regulations
- Provides FX rates for settlement reports based on the rules of the taxing country
- Provides FX rates via API, for easy export to other reporting tools
- Provides FX rates on refunds and transactions based on regional tax requirements
- Ability to reference historical FX transaction reporting periods
Store data for
Data storage for audit purposes varies by country (e.g. 10 years in the EU). Our solution meets all data storage compliance requirements for the countries we support - meaning your data will always be audit-ready.
- Transaction-related data, including location determination evidence, in Taxamo is stored in two independent databases, which are geographically replicated.
- API calls are encrypted with HTTPS and through Amazon Web Services’ security groups, VPCs, and firewalls.
- GDPR and ISO 27001 compliant
Our platform allows for country-by-country reporting, giving you business-critical insight into your digital transactions and customer data via five main reporting dashboards/views:
- Global report
- Transactions report
- Refund report
- Individual transaction detail view
- Tax reports
Taxamo Intermediary Plus*
Taxamo Intermediary Plus* is our augmented service. It offers the same comprehensive functionality included in Taxamo Advantage, but with the added benefit of having Taxamo act as an ‘intermediary’ that facilitates the sale on your business’ behalf. VAT/GST collection by ‘intermediary’ is an option suggested by the OECD to improve tax collection.
Taxamo becomes part of your supply chain for sales in the countries where Taxamo acts as the intermediary, supporting your sales process and managing your VAT/GST obligations on these sales.
So, for countries where you use Taxamo Intermediary Plus, your business will not need to register with the local tax authority or file and remit VAT/GST. You won’t need to appoint a tax agent. Taxamo will manage foreign exchange (FX) calculation and take on FX fluctuation exposure. We’ll also ensure that any required regular payments to tax authorities are made accurately and punctually.
There’s more. Taxamo will also assume liability for filing inaccuracies or any potential late fees or penalties exposure, with the relevant tax authority.
*This service is not yet available in the United States, Japan, and South Africa.
Manage your VAT/GST files
Through our Intermediary Plus service, Taxamo becomes part of your supply chain to facilitate the sale of digital services. This means Taxamo can assume liability for VAT/GST owed on these digital sales globally. We can collect, file and remit the VAT/GST due on these digital sales to the relevant local tax authorities.
Taxamo integrates seamlessly into your existing customer journey without disrupting existing processes.
Remove the need for country-by-country registrations
Taxamo registers in the countries where foreign digital businesses are required to do so, removing the need for your company to research rules and registration requirements.
Remove the need for a tax agent
With Taxamo you no longer need to spend time and effort sourcing a tax agent in the many countries that, by law, require you to do so.
Settle tax in local currencies
Taxamo settles the VAT/GST due on your digital service sales directly with the relevant tax authorities, in local currencies.
Avoid late fees and penalties
Penalties and fines for late, incorrect, or non-payment of VAT/GST vary from country-to-country. Taxamo assumes this risk and liability.
Remove FX fluctuation exposure
Taxamo manages your global FX exposure, protecting you against the risk of global rate fluctuations.